The concept of gardening has been prevalent since time immemorial. Gardening has a significant positive impact on our overall well-being. It is known to reduce stress and anxiety and also helps to enhance the immune system. Besides, watching something you nurtured to grow; breathe and live is a wonderful feeling. But maintaining a garden requires skills and patience.
Traditional gardening requires space and careful installation of plants; the maintenance of a big garden is time-consuming. To provide a better alternative, people resort to keeping their gardening hobby alive by having rooftop or balcony gardens. Several landscape and gardening services are; available that provide easy installation of these gardens, which you can manage by following a few easy yet, effective tips.
Here are six easy and effective tips which you can follow to keep your vertical gardens of balcony gardens alive and healthy!
According to several Landscape service professionals, the reason why, people have stopped taking up gardening as a hobby is that they don’t have the time to look after the plants. Plants have different requirements, and you should be careful that you’re being able to provide them with the right living conditions. These simple tips given below might help you out in maintaining your small garden at your apartment.
• Watering the plants: Plants have different water demands, and if you; over-irrigate, they can die due to excess water consumption, which is a hindrance; to air circulation in the soil. Watering plants is necessary, but you need to know which plant requires what quantity of water.
• Avoid overcrowding: Plants need space to breathe and grow if you overcrowd the gardening area, it would lead to a nutrient deficiency in the soil. Nutrient deficiency causes several physiological damages to the plant that later causes them to die.
• Check for pest infestation: If you’re growing fruits and vegetables, you must be; on the lookout for pest infestation. Though vertical gardens and rooftop gardens have an advantage in avoiding larger rodents, insects also feed on plants, and hence you need to keep looking for them. Use biological pesticides as they are safe and cost-effective.
• Clean the containers: Cleanliness is essential when maintaining a garden, besides messy and unclean containers are not visually attractive and have ill effects on plant health. If you’re; growing herbs, fruits, or vegetables, you must clean the containers between each harvest season.
• Protect the plants from harsh environmental conditions: Not every plant needs scorching sunlight and can do with minimum sun exposure. Therefore, protect the softer plants that don’t require much sunlight with plant covers that absorb sunlight and can act as a barrier. In this way, you can have healthier and long-lasting plant life.
• Gain knowledge: Lastly, you can always get better by gaining proper knowledge about the subject. You should; study instruction manuals and books on gardening to educate yourself and polish your gardening skills.
Gardening is one of the most calming hobbies that not only adds beauty to your apartment but has several environmental and health benefits. Landscape service professionals at the Prince’s Landscape Pte Ltd offer excellent landscape and gardening services that can make your gardening experience delightful. So, if you’re someone; that needs professional help with their gardening skills, contact Prince’s Landscape Pte Ltd; right away!