Don’t we all love the feeling we get when we rest our feet on cool and soft grass? Walking on a freshly mowed lawn on a cool summer evening has got to be one of the calmest feelings in the world. Studies have shown that walking barefoot on grass can relieve stress, improve cardiovascular health and improve eyesight. Feng Shui also believes that grass can act as; a negative energy cleanser. A good walk on the grass helps stabilize the circadian rhythm of our body and aids in curing insomnia.
The best variety of grass for lawns and the rooftop garden is carpet grass. Several plant construction companies provides the best quality carpet grass in Singapore. In this article, we’ll tell you about the advantages and maintenance of carpet grass.
What are the advantages of installing carpet grass in your lawns and rooftop gardens?
Carpet grass, also known as flat grass, is a perennial grass native to tropical and subtropical regions of America. It is an excellent addition to your lawn and rooftop gardens as it thrives even in extreme conditions will no additional supplement of water and nutrients. Enlisted below are a few advantages of carpet grass:
• Low Feeder and Moisture tolerant: One of the characteristic features of carpet grass is that it can tolerate moisture conditions and low soil fertility. The plant can survive in bare minimum moisture and needs; less manure for survival.
• Soil erosion control agent: Carpet grass is an excellent soil control agent. It grows; very rapidly and can cover an entire ground within a few days. Its root holds the soil particles tightly and can absorb moisture quickly. It prevents erosion of topsoil during heavy rains.
• Controls growth of weeds: Owing to its rapid growth, carpet grass covers the growing weeds in the soil and deprives them of moisture and nutrients. The weeds ultimately die of water and nutrient deficiency.
Carpet grass is a low-maintenance grass, but there are a few things that you can’t neglect. We have enlisted a few tips on how to maintain your carpet grass.
• Avoid over-irrigation: In the initial stages, supplemental irrigation is necessary for root formation, but over-irrigation is; harmful to the carpet grass. The plants tend to thrive on adequate moisture; over-watering may result in patchy layers that; obstruct the airflow, and the grass dies out.
• Avoid using chemical fertilizers: The plant can survive in harsh conditions and doesn’t need many nutrients; for its survival. Adding nutritional supplements can result in the development of thatch; that is, a layer of undecomposed grass and hinders; the growth of healthy grass.
• Mowing: Mowing the lawn is essential; carpet grass grows up to a height of; 10 inches, and seed formation occurs at that height. It is crucial to; remove the taller grasses along with their seeds, or else; weeding occurs. The professionals recommend, a height of 2-3 inches of grass which prevents the growth of seed heads. Several plant construction companies provide gardening tools, such as grass cutter in Singapore.
If you’re someone, who’s looking for carpet grass in Singapore, you can contact one of the best plant construction company, Prince’s Landscape Pte Ltd, for all your gardening and landscaping requirements.