Have you noticed, the one common element between all public and private high rises is the meticulously planned landscape, surrounding it? The concept of design has moved beyond the interior and architecture of the building. Landscape design and plant construction companies have become just as important for the beautification and sustainability of the built environment.
A similar trend can be seen for individual or residential houses as well. Contemporary houses have different elements of greenery and nature weaved within them. Be it a well-planned backyard or turfing in Singapore. Landscaping isn’t just about tree planting in Singapore, it includes arboriculture, landscape construction, sustainable designs and so on.
Naturally selecting the right plant or landscape construction company can be a complex decision. So, why don’t you let us help you with that decision?
6 Things to Consider Before Hiring A Plant Construction Company
1. Understand what you want – Singapore has hundreds of landscape service organisations offering a wide range of services. These services often include plant rental, landscape maintenance, turfing, artificial grass installation, irrigation, lighting and more. So, you need to first understand what you want for your landscape. It can be a small garden with a water-body installation, it can be a vertical garden for an office space or a rooftop garden for a public building.
2. Comprehensive pricing package – Once you know what you want, focus on the companies offering those services and maintenance after the installation. Try not to hire contractors who aren’t able to provide maintenance services, this will make it more burdensome for you. Then, ensure the pricing they are offering is comprehensive of all the services they are providing. Have detailed conversations with the companies to ensure there are no hidden costs.
3. Sustainable practices – Considering the changing climate and increasing temperature, services such as returfing or turfing in Singapore should incorporate sustainable practices. Sustainable landscaping may cost you a little extra in the beginning, but in the long term, it will significantly reduce expenses. You can develop a rain garden, spices and herb garden in your backyard. Or install a green roof or rooftop garden with a rainwater harvesting system on high-rises and skyscrapers.
4. Low maintenance elements – Turfing in Singapore is one of the most efficient methods of beautifying a landscape. It is also one of the most low-maintenance elements of landscape design. Installation of both real and artificial grass requires proper planning and execution. But low maintenance elements ensure they last longer with minimal and effortless care.
5. Designated account manager – A designated account manager ensures constant communication between you and the landscape construction organisation. Oftentimes, after getting the contract, companies start ignoring the client and their wishes. To ensure that doesn’t happen, ensure that you have a designated if not exclusive account manager.
6. Consider references – A landscape contractor company will provide your various services – landscape design, arboriculture, grass planting, grass cutting and tree planting in Singapore. After the landscape has been installed you’ll require regular communication to ensure effective maintenance of the same. So, consider references while choosing the contractor. This can ensure a better service and suitability with your needs.
Understanding your needs, the pricing package offered by the company, sustainable practices and low maintenance elements are crucial while selecting a landscape contractor. Factors like references and account management will help you in executing your landscape dreams.
Follow these guidelines to find the best plant construction company for yourself today!