|LIGHT REQUIREMENTS:||WATER REQUIREMENTS:|
Toxic When Ingested
- Common Names: Swiss Cheese Plant
Maximum Height: 2-3 m (Indoors)
Monstera deliciosa is a tropical plant from the Araceae family. Its leaves are perforated leaves that are often punched through with holes. Monsteras are climbing plants that love to climb vertical surfaces. Aside from its fruit which is an exotic delicacy, all parts of the plant are toxic when ingested.
Light: Monsteras tolerate low light, but grows faster and becomes more dramatic in bright, indirect light. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight to avoid scorching.
Water: Keep soil moist but do not overwater. Misting should be twice per week and should be done in the morning.
Fertilizing: Feed monthly with diluted liquid fertilizer or organic granular fertilizer.